Clearprop Models 1/48 Blackburn Firebrand Mk.V – анонс

Tali

А вот что написал по этому поводу небезызвестный человек:

OK, I guess the cat is out of the bag, as the designer posted this on another Facebook group.. So here is the kit in development I was talking about. Ladies and gentlemen (and you guys, too!), I give you the first ever injection molded kit of the Blackburn Firebrand TF 5 in any scale, to be released by Clear Prop Models. This kit will be 1/48th scale, and will feature a folded wings option!

My good friend Robin Powell and I have been working with Clear Prop Models to make this the most accurate Firebrand yet. A few years back, I managed to get copies of the only surviving Firebrand manual that I am aware of. This, combined with a very careful study of many photos and existing drawings (some of which are pretty poor) and corrections made to the best of them, have uncovered a couple subtle shapes never appreciated before in miniature, down to the prop blades, modelled after a surviving Firebrand prop blade!

This is a big beast of an airplane, and I am super excited and proud to have helped in making this kit a reality. Clear Prop does amazing work, and from what I've seen so far of the CAD, this kit should be a real show stopper! Can't wait to see plastic on the "Firebrick." It plugs a big hole in British Naval aircraft of the late 40s and 50s.

No idea when it will be released, but i'd guess sometime in 2020.

Hope you are even half as excited as I am. 1f642.png Thanks to Clear prop models for making this kit a reality.

Happy modelling! Roy

• Tali changed the title to Clearprop Models 1/48 Blackburn Firebrand Mk.V – анонс